Birk Centerpark 40
DK-7400 Herning
Tel +45 9626 1111
E- mail:mail@expat-in.dk

Current Nordic Citizen

When you have arrived and started working for more than 3 months you must register for a Danish Civil Personal Registration number (CPR number) and tax card. To get registered for a CPR number, you must have a permanent address in Denmark and you must show up in person at the International Citizen Service.

Please bring the required documentation below:

  1. Passport/ID card
  2. Work Contract
  3. Marriage Certificate. If you are married you must bring the marriage certificate, even if your partner is not accompanying you. Optional: death/death certificate (widow(er))
  4. Birth Certificate(s) for accompanying children under 18 years (if you have children)
  5. Tax. Download tax form 04.063

Welcome Leaflet

In Herning and Ikast-Brande´s ´Welcome´ leaflet you can follow the steps in the process of applying for permit for work, residence or both. The leaflet is a result of the of collaboration between the region’s 19 municipalities and is supported by Region Midtjylland and the European Social Fund.

Moving to Denmark

International Citizen Service in Aarhus will help with the subject below:

- NemID
- Welcome to Denmark handbook
- Personal guidance about living and working in Denmark
- Spouse Programme

For further questions, please contact the International Citizen Service in: Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense or Copenhagen.

They offer FREE of charge advice in relation to residence permit, social security, tax, recognition of qualification, insurance and many other questions that may arise when moving to Denmark.