Birk Centerpark 40
DK-7400 Herning
Tel +45 9626 1111
E- mail:mail@expat-in.dk

Current Non-EU citizen

Citizens from non-EU countries must apply for a work- and residence permit before arrival in Denmark. Each family member must have a residence permit.

Please bring the required documentation below:

  1. Work and residence permit from the Danish Agency for Labour Market and Recruitment. Search for your specific work permit here and residence here.
  2. Passport/ID card
  3. Marriage certificate if you are married. You must bring the marriage certificate, even if your marther is not accompanying you. Optional: divorce/death certificate (widow(er)). Only certificates in English/German/Nordic language are accepted.
  4. Tax. Download tax form 04.063

In order to get registrered for a CPR number, you must have a permanent address in Denmark. You must show up in person at the International Citizen Service (scroll down in the link to see the different locations).

Welcome Leaflet

In Herning and Ikast-Brande´s ´Welcome´ leaflet you can follow the steps in the process of applying for permit for work, residence or both. The leaflet is a result of the of collaboration between the region’s 19 municipalities and is supported by Region Midtjylland and the European Social Fund.

Moving to Denmark

International Citizen Service in Aarhus will help with the subject below:

- NemID
- Welcome to Denmark handbook
- Personal guidance about living and working in Denmark
- Spouse Programme

For further questions, please contact the International Citizen Service in: Aalborg, Aarhus, Odense or Copenhagen. They offer FREE of charge advice in relation to residence permit, social security, tax, recognition of qualification, insurance and many other questions that may arise when moving to Denmark.