Der er ikke oprettet begivenheder endnu!
Leisure and Family Activities
There is a rich variety of cultural, sport and leisure activities in Midtjylland. Region Midtjylland has everything, and we introduce you to a selection of some the great attractions and entertainment businesses that the region offers.
The following list provides merely a taste of Herning’s many cultural offerings. More information is available at:
- MCH (Messecenter Herning) offers cultural experiences within music, theatre, musicals, stand-ups and talks
- Fermaten is a regional music venue and concert hall for rhythmic music
- Scene 7 organizes rock concerts for upcoming bands and musicians
- Ensemble MidtVest is an international chamber music group of 10 young musicians. Their focus is on the artistic performance and innovation of the conventional classical concert form
- Swinging Europe organises concerts and work on the development of local, regional, national and international talents within jazz music
- Den Jyske Sangskole - the Jutland Choir School teaches talented children. The children are members of either the Boys Choir of the Church of Herning or the MidtVest Choir for Girls. The School regularly arranges and gives concerts
- Other Music Experiences:
- Team Teatret - the Team Theatre is a regional theatre showing modern and often controversial performances for children, young people and adults
- Herning Teater - the Herning Theatre offers a broad repertoire within all genres, including plays, operas, musicals, ballets, family performances for children and adults
- Other Theatre experiences:
Operaen i Midten
Theatre Group - Replikken
Herning Scene Kunst Skole
- HEART Herning Museum of Contemporary Art offers exhibitions of modern Danish and international art and design
- CHPEA Museum (Carl-Henning Pedersen og Else Alfelt Museum) is dedicated to the works of Carl-Henning Pedersen and Else Alfelt
- Museum Midtjylland is a museum for cultural history for Herning and Ikast-Brande municipalities. The Museum’s collections portray the region’s development from prehistoric to our times.
- Danmark´s Fotomuseum is a permanent exhibition that shows the development of the camera and the photo over time. The Museum offers various exhibitions of the works of Danish and foreign photographers
- Other Museums:
Other leisure and family activities:
- Huset No 7 is cultural venue in Herning, where theatre, music, painting, film, meetings, seminars and creative activities all join together in one place
- Evening Courses: Herning Evening Courses offer a plethora of different creative activities. You may e.g. learn to cook, sew, paint or take zumba or yoga lessons. The offerings are practically endless
- Herning Arts School: Herning Arts School offers various types af art courses for children, young people, and adults. Here you are free to be creative, paint or find new inspiration
- Herning Music School: Herning Music School offers courses for children, young people and adults in different instruments, singing, choir and ensemble playing
- Bakkehuset in Ikast is a music venue and hosts concerts
- Remisen in Brande is a music venue and hosts concerts and theatre
Others - Ikast offers rich opportunities to enjoy a large number of interesting sculptures including:
- Bjørn Nørgaard’s first monument – the Ikast Monument in Frisenborg park
- Klosterlund Museum and Nature Centre at the lake Bølling Sø offers both a prehistoric exhibition on the famous Klosterlund culture from 7500-7000 BC and an exhibition on the Late Stone Age to the Viking era
- Vester Palsgaard Skovmuseum (Forest Museum) is the sister museum to Klosterlund and is located near Nørre-Snede has displays on forestry
LEISURE ACTIVITIES IN CENTRAL JUTLAND
Whether you are into culture or nature, Region Midtjylland has an unsurpassed range of experiences of all kinds. A strong cultural policy both at the regional level and in the different municipalities helps to support and further develop a rich cultural life that promotes development and quality of life for all citizens in the region.
The many established art galleries attract internationally recognized art both to the cities and to the more remote corners of the region, while the open air museums, manor houses and castles, mostly found in scenic surroundings, tell the story of the Denmark of a bygone era. Here you are not only looking, but you can also feel and experience the culture, nature and history through your own body.
A vast number of festivals that run throughout the summer ensure that both new and familiar music acts, both national and international, create an atmosphere of celebration – small and large. Jazz, classical, pop, rock – there is always a festival to suit everyone’s taste.
Visit Denmark is the official website for tourism in Denmark, and here you can find all the information you need to plan trips and holidays in Denmark.
Ud i Naturen (Going Outdoors) provides maps and descriptions of routes and areas in Denmark, which are particularly suitable for outdoor activities. Many things are happening in and around Herning and the city of events is constantly creating new offers for students. A big rock concert with the band of your dreams, an eye-opener of a theatre performance, a thought provoking art exhibition, a city weekend with your friends, a nail-biting ice hockey or soccer match, or a visit to a café.
Der er ikke oprettet begivenheder endnu!