Event date: 03/12-2015
250 g butter cut into small pieces
125 g light syrup (about 3/4 cup)
250 g sugar (about 3 cups)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
100g chopped, blanched almonds
25 g finely chopped Sukat (candied peel of any of the citrus species)
1 3/4 teaspoon potaske (potassiun carbonate)
1 tablespoon lukewarm water
500 g of wheat flour
1. Place butter, syrup and sugar in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Let it melt over a moderate heat and stir - it should not boil.
2. Place the butter mixture in a bowl and add cinnamon, ground cloves, almonds and Sukat. Stir until the mixture is half cold (about 28 °).
3. Dissolve potasken in the lukewarm water and stir into butter mixture with flour - little by little.
4. Divide the dough into 3 portions and roll them into rolls (about 5 cm diameter).
5. Let the brunkager dough chill in the fridge for 1 day.
6. Cut the rolls in very thin pastry - half a cm each slice - and place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. Bake for 7 minutes at 175 ° preheated oven.
7. Let them cool on a wire rack.