Event date: 03/12-2015
1 cup short-grained white rice (pudding rice)
1/2 cup water
1 liter milk
1-2 vanilla beans
the prepared rice pudding
150 gr blanched and sliced almonds
2 tbsp sugar
2 cups heavy cream
cherry sauce for serving
1. In a sauce pan add the rice and the water, and boil for 2 minutes
2. Add the milk and let it boil while stiring
3. Slice the vanilla bean and add the vanilla paste. You can add the empty vanilla beans to the pan for more flavor.
4. Boil for about 35 min, or until done, remember to stir ocassionaly, so the rice won't burn.
5. Remove the vanilla beans and let cool completely in the fridge. It is a good idea to make the pudding rice one day ahead.
1. Mix the chopped blanched almonds with the rice pudding.
2. Beat the heavy cream in a separate bowl.
3. Mix in the rice pudding into the beaten heavy cream.
4. Warm up the cherry sauce in a sauce pan.
5. Top the prepared risalamande with warm cherry sauce before serving.