The Herning and Ikast-Brande area offers several opportunities for internationals. These address both adults and children, whether you are working or studying here or seeking a job.
Herning and Ikast-Brande municipalities are the only place in Denmark that has most official international networks. The growing international environment and local enthusiasts want to help and be a part of the international environment are the reason for the international networks.
A newcomer has great benefits from the social network. Becoming a part of a network can be very helpful when starting up in a new country. You can meet likeminded and hear about their experiences in expatriating to Herning and Ikast-Brande and maybe get some valuable advice. You can also meet Danes who can tell you more about your new country and this way make connections to the Danish culture and society.
“A job may bring you to Denmark, but a network will help you get settled and succeed here. With a network you are not just a stranger, but a person with a name – and with somebody to ask when strange (Danish) or just unknown phenomena occur – and they do! It is my experience that a network makes a huge difference for the expat experience, and I warmly recommend you to join!”
Lise Thomsen Head of Department, Expat in Denmark at Danish Industries
Professional and social network for internationals
There are currently three official English language networks in Herning and Ikast-Brande:
- International Society (IS)
- A social network for international residents and internationally oriented Danes. The main focus is to create social gathering, introduce Danish culture and the opportunities in the local area.
- Want to know more?
- Junior Chamber International (JCI)
- A network for active citizens aged 18 to 40 wishing to make a difference for themselves and others.
- Want to know more?
- Herning International MidWest Rotary Club (Rotary International)
- A local and international network of local business people.
Want to know more?
When you arrive, you are welcome to join any of our English language networks. Each of these networks offers a good opportunity to meet other international residents and internationally oriented Danes. There is also a number of informal international networks, e.g. for partners or within various nationalities.